Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lantern Theatre Reaction

It was very hard for me to read the actual play because I really didn’t understand the language, and Hamlet isn’t one of my favorite writers. I became easily bored with the play, but seeing the play gave me a different outlook. I am more of a visual learner, and watching the play gave me a better understanding of the plot and characters. I thought that the character of King Claudius was played exactly the same as the character portrayed in the book. He was manipulative, but yet caring and sincere at the same time. I thought that the old but modern costumes were great. I also liked how the actors interacted with the audience during the play, especially when they directed their lines to one person in the audience and made them feel uncomfortable. I thought that was pretty entertaining. The only thing that I didn’t like was the simple set that they performed on. It really didn’t hold my attention, but once the actor’s came on to the stage I barely even looked at the scaffolding. All in all I believe that the actors did a great job, and I would go see the play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment