Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hamlet Post 1

When I first found out that we were reading Hamlet, I really did not like the idea, but as we began reading the play grew on me. The first couple of scenes of the play gave me the basic background information I needed in order to understand the play. In scenes one and two Hamlet’s belief in ghosts is brought to our attention and I thought that this was interesting. All of the characters in the play are clueless as to why the ghost keeps coming to visit them, but they all assume that it is a bad omen. Also within the first two scenes the relationships between characters are shows. Like the one between Hamlet and his mother, and also Hamlet and King Claudius’s relationship. Hamlet loves his mother but he hates the fact the she is married to Claudius. Hamlet knows what Claudius’s real motives are and that is not the love for his mother but for the love of the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment